Saturday, April 25, 2009

Adree Elizabeth

This post is being dedicated to my only daughter Adree Elizabeth. =0) Adree is 8 and is in the third grade at Dixie Downs Elem. where she takes both English and Spanish classes. This is a picture of the painting she painted yesterday. She loves to paint, draw, color, make things out of clay and bugs me to do something creative anytime she has any free time!=0) Adree has recently started taking the missionary discussions with the intent to get baptized. She never ceases to amaze me, with her outgoing personality and not one ounce of shyness. I work every Sunday during the time she is supposed to be in church and a ward member picks her up every week and takes her to church with them. Always eager to go, she has several friends and loves the opportunity to worship along with them. I honestly cannot take her anyplace, be it McDonalds, the park, Wal-Mart, out for a walk, without her stopping to talk to someone she knows! I have yet to figure out how she meets so many people, I just don't think she has ever met a stranger!=0) An avid reader she reads on a fifth grade level and is always willing to help her little brother read when I ask. She wants to learn how to make anything I cook for them and is attending a sewing club at school. Even as a baby, Adree was not happy unless she had an activity to keep her occupied and was very upset until she learned to walk and crawl after her brother Drake. I actually remember having to hold her and walk behind Drake on the playground equipment, before she could walk, just so she could feel like she was playing too. The perfect combination of athlete and princess, there hasn't been a sport she didn't want to play or a frilly dress she didn't want to wear while doing so! She helps me out so much being the only other female and outnumbered by guys, with picking up and making sure everyone is staying on task! (no easy feat!) Adree, Mommy and Lee love you so much! Thank you for the opportunity I've been given to be your Mom.=0)

3 comments:

  1. she sounds like a great kid jessica. isnt it so cool that we get to guide these kids?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kids. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete