Tuesday, April 21, 2009

29 forever just like me!=0)


On April 21st, 1980 in the Page Hospital during a freak snowstorm (according to Mom that is!) was born my favorite sister!=0) (not just only, mind you!) Sharing a room when we were little and flushing all the scary toilets for her was the least I could do! Constant playmate and fellow trustee in the care of our little brother was always the norm until we grew up and had kids of our own. My friend and confidant, my hero and guide, my sister and wait...hey I feel a silly poem coming on...Hey sis, you're a fish
lying in a dish, with only one wish
to be a cow, pulling a plow
and then you'd say wow!
my wish came true! oh, how time flew
since you were two! Now I must end this rhyme,
because it is time, now life is sublime!
No worries, so you're a year older! You are finally to the year where you get to stop aging! "Mommy, how old are you?" , you'll be asked and you get to say "29". Another year will pass and the same question will arise "Mommy how old are you?" "29", you'll say. "Nuh, uh!" you'll hear, but it will not matter because now you'll get to be
29 forever. =0) Well, until your kids get that old then you'll have to add 10 years!=0) Happy Birthday, sissy! I'm glad I have you, I'm glad you are 29 forever just like me!=0)

4 comments:

  1. I remember when you wrote me that poem! You're such a talented poet! He He. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet of you jessica, you guys look so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tribute Jessica. Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I wrote that silly poem on a whim in her yearbook when we were teens!=0)

    ReplyDelete