Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kid-isms..=0)



I'll have to say the one thing about being able to pick up the kids after school each day, is that we get to have some interesting conversations! One such conversation happened today...

Adree: Mom this week is Adree appreciation this week and I didn't get any presents. (I think this stemmed from it actually being Teacher Appreciation Week)

Me: Well, if I remember correctly I did buy you some clothes this week.

Adree: But, the boys didn't get me a present!

Me: Hmmm...can you blame them? I doubt they want to thank you for bossing them around...

Seth: Adwee it is not Adwee appreciation week!

Adree: Well, it can be Seth appreciation next week...and Drake can be the week after that.

Seth: Dwake should be the fiwst week Adwee, he's da oldest!

Drake: (getting into the car at this point) Yeah, Adree!

Adree: But, I learned how to open doors first...

Drake: True...

Mom: I think it should fart appreciation week! (making farting noises for emphasis)

Adree: Nobody appreciates farts Mom!

Me: That's not true. Think of how much better your stomach feels after you do though!

Drake, Adree, Seth: Mom!!!!

The fart jokes extended to a stop at the playground on the way home. The kids were playing on a toy called the donut. You basically walk, push, or crawl on round disc and it spins as you move. The kids were crawling on it in sequence as it was moving. Well, Drake (who isn't great at following game rules) was crawling mostly...but at this point Adree was crawling behind Drake as he farted loudly. Drake bursts into laughter, because come on farting is the joke that never gets old! Adree stands up with the most disgusted look on her face, swats Drake on her way by and moves to in front of Drake, as to not be downwind! I just about died! Okay, it was probably only me that thought this to be hilarious...but, hey it kinda was! =0)

2 comments:

  1. Nope your not the only one I'm laughing as I read it. Funny that you mention there is always humor in farts no matter how old you are. We just were talking about that this last weekend. Its true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ainsley would agree with Adree that there should be an Aiunsley Appreciation week too. And you're right, farts are always a funny joke. :)

    ReplyDelete