Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happenings as they are...


Lee celebrating his 39th birthday (for the 12th time!)

Lee and I sneaked off to Vegas last weekend!

Sethee Monkey lost his first tooth!

and I am still unemployed....happily! =0)

Well, we haven't had anything overly exciting happen among the Lambsfold recently, but there have been a few little things going on! My dear Lee celebrated his birthday yesterday! It wasn't any great celebration, he worked at home most of the day and I made him a lime-jello cake (gluten free of course!) and a stir fry dinner. We also went to Lowe's where I bought him a post hole digger and a wheelbarrow! What can I say...what do you buy the man who has everything? A post hole digger and a wheelbarrow apparently!=0) We love you so much though...and I promise we'll sing karaoke obnoxiously over the weekend! =0)
Lee and I had the opportunity to escape to Vegas for a couple of days this weekend, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa who took the kids and the dog home with them! The kids went to the cabin with Grandma and Grandpa and got to hang out with them (which they love!) and Lee and I enjoyed a little one on one time. It was nice! We hung out at the Orleans, ate a buffet and watched Date Night in the theaters, wandered around Walgreen's and bought Vegas souvenirs for the kids. We then went back to our hotel room and called the front desk on our next door neighbors only about 3 times over night as they were playing rave music loudly most and arguing most of it! I mean come on what do you think this is? Vegas? Ha ha!=0) Once Lee and I got going for the day, we stopped and got a bite to eat at a grocery store and shopped till we dropped for the rest of the day! Hitting Ross, TJ Maxx, and finishing up at Trader Joe's before heading home!(love Trader Joe's!) I love Lee, he has got to be the only man I know that can out shop me...and you know me, I can bargain shop like no one's business!=0) It was a fun and much needed get away from the rat race, thanks baby!;0)
Sethee monkey lost his very first tooth! Yeah I know, he's been missing that one on top for a couple of years now...but, it does not count when the dentist pulls it out! Unfortunately none of the kids believe in the tooth-fairy, so I gave him a dollar and he was psyched! ;0) I can't believe my baby is getting so big!
As for me...well, I'm not working and I somehow can't believe I ever had the time! If I could have my very fondest wish, it would be to not have to go back and work another crappy job again. I love being a Mom and working on my She's not your average Mom blog (click and take a peek!), I have numerous projects I want to tackle for my house, I want to write, I want to attend art school, I want to take pictures all day, I want the opportunity to express myself and somehow get people to pay me to do so...I love picking my kids up from school on a daily basis, it's something I haven't ever had the opportunity to do! Such is the happenings as the are...=0)

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for Sethee! Happy Belated birthday, Lee! Oh and all of my friends in WA love Trader Joes. I've never been but heard it's a really cool place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome! I'll use it as a "this is what I like" next week and provide details! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be waiting on the TJ's thing too I have never been and dotn get the hype surounding it.... has Lee lost a LOT of weight, he looks good, I think he looks 20 years younger :) glad you are enjoying your time with the kids, its true they grow up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Jamie, Lee has lost about 60 pounds I believe all together...combination of trying to keep his blood condition under control and eating gluten and dairy free will do that I guess! Trader Joe's is pretty cool, especially when you have a hard time finding stuff for people with allergies! ;0)

    ReplyDelete