Monday, July 13, 2009

Wait a sec!

Apparently you can have it all...

So, if you've been following my recent blogging, you would have read my last post. The one describing our recent house hunting and how we found a great house with everything we could want, with one fatal flaw...no yard. When I say no yard, I mean non-existent yard. You know, as in open your back door and fall off a cliff, no yard. Yeah, you can imagine my hesitation not only with the kids but, the dog as well. When walking through the huge house with no yard the listing agent mentioned a house that he was listing today. As he described it...close to Santa Clara almost as big, yard for the kids. We said "okay" and he e-mailed Lee the specs and the pics. Thanks to technology one never has to leave their house to zoom in on locations via google and so, that's what we did to see exactly where this house was. Hmm..anyone remotely familiar with St. George knows that if you want to live any where good it wouldn't be Dixie Downs. From the satellite pics, it looked like it was right in Dixie Downs...of course, first thing out of my mouth is, "NO WAY, that's not close to Santa Clara...it's fricking Dixie Downs!" We looked at the pics and the house seemed nice, I really didn't think about it again until Lee called me excitedly from in front of the house this morning. He had made an appointment to take a look anyway, obviously ignoring my protests. "It's got a great yard with mature trees and an upper deck and a side yard for the kids to play in...", "Oh, and it's a lot bigger than what the pictures looked like..." and "it's not in a bad neighborhood at all, newer houses with well kept yards..."=0) I told him he would have to call me back because I needed to get back to work. I got home just a few minutes before he did and when Lee walked in, he told me he had put in an offer on the house right after looking at it and had been at the bank getting his financing all together! =0) We just got back from taking a look (the whole family), what a great house! 3150 sq feet, 5bd, 3 ba, formal living/dining, fireplace, huge kitchen family room combo, laundry rm, 2 car garage, huge master suite, enough room for an office, guest rm, and kids bedrooms!=0) Really all it needs is paint, flooring and changing out of a few appliances/fixtures...you know, normal stuff you would expect to have to do when you buy a house.=0) The kids could even walk to school (accompanied by Mom of course!). No more driving ten miles a day just to take them to and from school. Okay, keep your fingers crossed...I think this is it or maybe wait a sec...=0) Oh, yeah did I mention how much? Listed for $190,500, Lee offered $175k.=0)

3 comments:

  1. Never take "No way" for an answer, just go look at it anyway ;O).

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW sounds like an even better deal, hope it goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! Good luck! We'll be your first house guests!

    ReplyDelete