Sunday, July 12, 2009

Time to move on....

Another opportunity...
The Santa Clara house

As I mentioned before in a previous post, Lee and I were bidding on a house in Santa Clara. 2500 sq. feet 3 bd 2 ba formal living room, formal dining, good sized kitchen, lg laundry rm, deck off the back, view of Red Mountain/Snow Canyon, and did I mention storage? Something our current house seriously lacks....anyway, short sale as it was, takes forever. Forever it seems may have been an opportunity in disguise. Over the course of the last few of months, Lee was curious about the particulars on this house and so he did a little research. The house needed some repair...it had settled and was in need of some structural work. Really not that much of a problem if you can steal a house (125k to be exact), the layout, neighborhood, the house all seemed ideal, we'd fix it. Next door we noticed there was a house with a huge lot that seemed to be abandoned. Lee was able to determine through the city of Santa Clara, that the house had been left to someone who is going to put five houses and a cul-de-sac next door. This would not only partially block our view that was so great, it would inevitable disturb the ground around the house we wanted significantly. With a house that already had had settling issues this was the final straw.
Did I mention opportunity? Okay, so I did. After looking at several houses before we settled on the one in Santa Clara, we were really not that interested in looking anymore and the kids kept getting their hopes up and you know what I mean, it gets tiring...it wasn't until the end of this last week that we decided to look through the listing book and see what else was out there. I have lived in the St. George area on and off for the last 13 years (shhh...I am not old!) and I am well acquainted with the different neighborhoods and where the kids will go to school when we live where and so on and so forth, so I am really picky as to where I am willing to live. We actually love our current area. South Gate or the south west side of the city off the Bluff Street exit. Our neighborhood is out of the way and quiet and not that well known, unfortunately it seems to be a haven for retirees and snowbirds, that means not a lot of families. So, when we found a house near by and in the right school boundaries, as well as, enough space I insisted we go and take a look. Wow! Was I surprised!...3782 sq feet, 6 bd rooms, 3 1/2 baths, 2 laundry rooms, kitchen/great rm, huge family room with enough rm for a kitchenette...more storage then I've ever seen in a house! Listed at 200k, you can't beat the price! The catch? It has no yard. None. Great for everyone's allergies (Lee especially), but with a house so huge and several parks and walking trails near by would it really matter? That is the question of the day! As it seems we've been given an opportunity and as much as I really liked that house in Santa Clara, I think I would be upset if we miss out on this opportunity. It must be time to move on.=0)

3 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like a great deal. However, do you like to clean cause that sounds like lots to do. Have fun with that. I hope it all works out the way you want.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that decision! :) Just rent a bulldozer and make quick work of the weeds and then lay some sod. Piece of cake, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that does sound really good!

    ReplyDelete