Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma=0)

Isn't this the greatest picture? This would be a picture of my grandparents (maternal) on their wedding day 60+ years ago!

Today would be my Grandma's birthday and since I have been stuck working really bad hours with little time for anything else, I didn't have time to send a card. I know that my Grandma is a frequent reader of my blog (mostly because she is on my e-mail list) so, I hope doing a little feature on her will do! I love you Grandma!=0)
Grandma hails originally from Buffalo, New York, she and Grandpa raised my Mom and her brothers in the rural countryside of New York state. With plenty of free space and animals that any child would love! After all their kids were grown, except Ricky (my Mom's little brother) Grandma and Grandpa moved to Cedar City, Utah where my Grandpa retired. I remember visiting them in Cedar and my Grandma owning her own realty office, it was always so much fun to come and visit! We would go to lunch and Grandma always took us to plays at S.U.U.!=0) She always traveled with us to places like Salt Lake and she would go shopping with us and ride on the rides at Lagoon with us! My Grandparents were professional roller skaters and I remember her taking us to roller rink and skating with us all the way until it closed when I was probably 15 or 16! I remember when I was 20 my Grandma came to St. George and took me to lunch and told me was going to retire...sure! Well, she did...sort of! All though I've been told she dabbles in real estate still!=0) My purple Grandma loves anything purple! That makes you so easy to shop for my dear!=0) I hope that this birthday (the # isn't important, age is just a # anyway!) is wonderful! I hope that you are able to feel your state of mind, age is all relative anyway! Grandma you're the best!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Great Grandma! I LOVE YOU! Hope you have a great day!Love Adree :o)

    ReplyDelete