Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Lebbon family reunion 2009

The Lambslee family, July 2009 (thank you Peggy!) Thank you Jamie for taking this and a huge thank you Amy for letting us exploit your talents!=0)
Now you can't tell that these girlies are related can you? =0)
My cousin Cam the singing cop... great job Cam!=0)
My kids call ol' Uncle Sterling Mr. Mountain man...for good reason me thinks=0)
This would be My Grandpa (in the hat), my Dad, and my Uncle Ken's wife Lisa taking it in...
Seth watching the show from the lawn=0)
My Uncle Doug, My Cousin Jamie and her husband Chris and their son Trey. Along with my Aunt Carol (with her arm up) my cousin Dayna's husband and some more of my cousin's kids and my Grandma in the background=0)
Adree amusing herself with her dolly with my Uncle Ken, his wife, my Dad and my Grandpa looking on=0)
My Mom on stage singing karaoke style, with Seth on the stage and Lee (Mr. D.J.) on the phone...big shocker! =0)


Now where can you get together with what seemed like a hundred kids, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncles, Aunts, cousins, Moms and Dads, and eat a little dinner, sing a little karaoke, dance, have your picture taken and get caught up on all the happenings?...whew!=0) Why the Lebbon family reunion, that's where! This is what we spent part of our Independence Day weekend doing! It was truly a blast! Everyone in the family joined us, with the exception of cousin Mike and my Cousin Manny and his family. Who we really missed...Manny is a contractor and has been out of work for a while and has a brand new baby...next time!=0) My Mom's side of the family sure is full of crazies! Thanks to Lee and his karaoke set-up, everyone who can at least sort of sing (and some that don't at all!) took a turn up on stage belting out ridiculous renditions of Neil Diamond, Olivia Newton-John, the Brady Bunch...wait, that was Cara, Mom, and I! As well as, whatever else anyone knew the tune well enough to sing! Actually, at one point all the women in the family crowded up on stage and sang "I Am Woman." You know if you can't be ridiculous with your family for the fun of it, then what is the point of getting together?!=0) The Willow Glen Inn, where we held the party, is a great place full of lush trees, grass, lazy porch swings, and winding paths that the kids all enjoyed exploring. My cousin's kids also brought some scooters with bicycle wheels and the older kids (that includes adults!) took turns rolling across the dance floor when not in use! At the end of the evening everyone danced to "Thriller" and the 'YMCA" of course!=0) What a great time and Grandma if you are reading this, we totally need to make this a semi-annual tradition and let a different family be in charge every other year! What do you say! I'm in!=0)

2 comments:

  1. Cara requested the Neil Diamond songs I sang for you. Tee Hee ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. I have to say though its REALLY weird to see Sterling with hair everywhere. Last time I saw him I dont think he was even out of middle school.

    ReplyDelete