Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm sooo glad that summer is nearing it's end=0)

Let's hear it for fast and easy projects for bored kids!

I imagine that I'm not the only one that is glad for the end of summer...with all the "I'm bored" and incessant bickering we all hear especially toward the end of the summer. The kids enjoyed a quick and easy project that they were able to complete easily and didn't involve a lot of planning for Mom (my fave!). Thank you to the "Dollar Tree" who has youth sized "Hanes" t-shirts for a dollar a piece and fabric friendly paint pens, available at "Wal-Mart" $5 for a package of four, I believe. This was a fairly inexpensive art project as well.=0) I remember doing similar projects ( I still have one of the shirts I designed actually) with puff paint. I also remember coloring the toes of my canvas shoes with puff paint as well! The fabric pens are much more user friendly though.=0)

I just let Adree have at it, she is always creative and loves any kind of art project. The boys, on the other hand, needed a little help with what to draw. The boys love to draw "comix" so, I suggested they put those on their shirts. I helped Seth draw squares for his cartoons as well as helped with some spelling. Drake has a bit of a communication difficulty (involving speech and writing) so, I helped write things into word bubbles for him. Seth's comic is called "The man who got eaten by a T-Rex" and Drake drew several short comics titled "The world of comix."=0) Adree decided she needed hers to be a bit more elaborate.=0) I helped her draw a fish bowl and she drew a girl behind it looking at a Dolphin and a poor dead fish in it with the caption "I didn't do it" Then she drew the same image in reverse, as well as, the words reversed on the back of the shirt!=0) It always amazes me at what my kids come up with when they are just having fun!=0) Quick and easy and you have wearable art when you are done, fun stuff for the end of summer!=0)
The backside of the wearable art and who's that animal in the background?=0)

2 comments:

  1. I hear yi=ou on the bored kids... I am now counting down the days till Ainsley goes back to school, just so the fighting will stop! I love the shirts. Your kids are very creative! Love the weirdo Lee in the background too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES arent we all?! as bad as it sounds i am so glad that in just less then 3 weeks my kids will be back in school!!!!!

    ReplyDelete