Sunday, December 6, 2009

As we settle in...=0)

The view from my couch this evening...
Stars in the entry...
Well, I have one room completed...

I'll bet you can't guess who's room that is...=0)
A shot of the clean part of the kid's bathroom!
A sample of the master bath as well...

Lee's office is going to be great all finished!

Well, talk about long time no blog! With moving and working and running kids around and catching a cold and what not...I've had a bit of a hard time finding a minute to myself long enough to blog! Well, all that and the fact that I haven't been able to get a certain someone to set my computer back up for me...=0P So, seeing as though he has ditched me for the moment and ran to Home Depot for some clips to hang Christmas lights from, I decided I should take a minute to snap a few pictures and type a quick note!=0) I know there are just a few pictures, but I still have several rooms full of boxes that I've been trying to clear out and put away. The one room I've managed to finish completely has been Adree's room and I imagine the Boy's room will be the next. It's just soooo much nicer when I don't have to get up early every single morning to just to try to find clothes for them to wear!
So, far I just love the house, the neighborhood, the whole shebang! A couple of minor things I've noticed or had to deal with...The hot water didn't work in the kids shower and the first bath they had here involved Mom dumping warm water from the sink into the tub. Yeah, they weren't too impressed! We ran the dishwasher on Thanksgiving for the first time and discovered that it's much more effective if you turn the water on to it first! Nothing like steamed, dirty dishes! The shower head in the master shower is really crappy and will need to be replaced and no matter how many times we reset the thermostat it reverts back to 60 degrees in the evening and if you forget to reset it before bed, you freeze! Although it's nice that it automatically goes up to 70 for a couple of hours in the morning around 6... so, at least it's warm enough to get out of bed! It's a big house! If you forget something clear on the other side of the house, you have to really want it bad to walk all the way back for it!
I'll keep taking pictures and posting them as I get rooms finished and we sure are looking forward to making memories and watching the kids grow up here...warms thoughts and wishes from the Lambsfold as we settle in...=0)

1 comment:

  1. glad you are moved in, its the packing and unpacking that's usually the problem, good luck with that! love the halloween costume BTW ;)

    ReplyDelete