Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I don't get it...

I have yet to be able to understand the necessity people feel to live their lives with so much negativity. I mean, come on $#!* happens, why do you think that gives you license to go on and on and on about it? I am a realist and don't think of the proverbial glass as half full or half empty, it's just half a glass. I know bad stuff is going to happen, I don't look at the world through rose colored glasses. I also don't automatically think that the worst is going to happen either. I've lived through a lot of bad things in my life, but I don't dwell on them. I just look toward the future and live my life on day at a time and deal with the mishaps as they happen. I suffered abuse at the hand of someone who promised to take care of me and love me. I wished to take my own life to escape my abuser, until I decided I couldn't let him win. I lost custody of my kids for almost two years and had to fight to gain it back. I have been extremely poor and hungry and I have been alone and lost as well. I was teased and tormented for years just for not fitting in very well. I was taken advantage of and left to fend for myself. I have made many, many mistakes and I'm sure I will make many, many more...I just can't bring myself to hate, to wallow, to regret, or to feel sorry for myself in any way. I'm not going around saying that I haven't done any of the things, I have just moved on. Why dwell on the negative? I mean complaining about a situation or a mishap or bad thing that has happened to you isn't going to make it go away. I don't get it...

4 comments:

  1. that's the beauty of life, you at thirty something has realized that's not all there is to life. it may take a bit longer for others... if they EVER catch on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People do it because sometimes it makes them feel better about the situation. Sometimes to talk about it helps them get over it. And then sometimes they just dont want to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the inability to move on Monica...random thoughts, just one more service I provide...=0)

    ReplyDelete