Friday, May 1, 2009

That's two outta three...

Drake sporting his new specs
Seth sporting a new pair (still red of course!)


So, there seems to be a trend in Lambsfold and I think you can guess by the pics so far...=0) Well, good vision doesn't seem to come by us naturally..except Adree that is! We took all three of the kiddos to Dr. Miller the eye doctor last year and discovered somethings, Adree is lucky enough to have 20/20 vision, Drake was slightly near-sighted, and Seth is far sighted with a significant astigmatism. Apparently, the kids with the "bad vision" don't even have the same kind of "bad vision." Who knew? Anyway, Seth was due for a yearly eye exam and I decided to take Drake as well on a hunch and this is the result... For whatever the reason Drake's slight nearsightedness has turned into quite nearsightedness!=0) Seth's astigmatism has mostly corrected itself and with a slightly stronger prescription has 20/20 vision, instead of 20/30. When Seth got glasses last year (at 5) I was becoming concerned, he had attended preschool for about a year at this time and was still having trouble with his numbers and ABC's. The glasses made all the difference! In just a years time he is at the top of class and loves to read in both English and Spanish! Now Drake, well, he has had a few problems this year and has focus issues as well as he didn't turn any school work in for like a month...(thank you to his teacher for bringing that to my attention so soon...) Anyway, I noticed on his school work, anything that had to do with something written on the board was left blank. His teacher informed me that he had moved Drake to back of the class and making that eye appointment got me wondering how much his eyes were becoming an issue. So, Drake got his new glasses last week and the comments I've heard are, "I didn't know that some things were up on the wall" (in his classroom) and "The mountains have so much color!" and of course, "I didn't know that the mountains had all those lines on them!" Indeed!=0) My Dad reminded me today that he knew a little girl who didn't know there were trees across the street and couldn't see all the leaves on them until she got glasses herself. Hmmm, I wonder who that was?=0) Well, two outta three are glasses wearers and actually, 4 out of the 5 characters in the Lambsfold are too.=0)

2 comments: