Thursday, August 26, 2010

Surprise!! She's 10! =0)


Miss Adree sitting in her new chair...

*Gasp!*

So excited for her new bed!

Yes, it's true...I have officially gotten older, wait?! It's wasn't my birthday? Haha, as I'm sure most parents know, when your child gets older you instantly become old. Seeing as though my baby girl turned 10 yesterday, then I aged an entire decade! I mean, I can still see in my minds eye with vivid detail, my baby girl in my arms and her brother in tow...and since I have opened my eyes and realized that we have added 10 years, then I for certain have gotten old!
Little Miss Adree announced yesterday before bed that this had in fact been the best birthday ever, largely impart for the big new surprise waiting for her when we got home! She got up and opened a few things that were wrapped for her at her place in the morning, had breakfast, got dressed and let me fix her hair with curls and a pretty new barrette before I dropped her and her brother off at school for the day. When I arrived home, I got to work disassembling her bunk bed and removing it from her room. When I was finished, I moved some of her furniture around and Lee went out side to fetch her birthday present surprise. He and I put it together and he went to go get ready for the work day and I put the rest of her room together. After school I picked up Adree and Seth and we traveled to Wal-Mart to pick up the things she wanted for dinner. We wandered around the store and she picked out a couple of things from the clearance racks she wanted and went up front to pay. I discovered that I didn't have my wallet and informed the cashier of this and went outside to see if it was in the car, it wasn't. I called Lee and he found it at home and drove to Wal-Mart with it for me. That really sucks by the way, when you forget your wallet at home and you live in Santa Clara and Wal-Mart is in Bloomington! After getting my wallet, I payed and we made our way home finally. We got there and Lee wasn't home yet. Funny, he was just at Wal-Mart...hmmm...I called him and asked where he was as he pulled into the driveway behind me. I told Adree she had to wait for Lee before going in and she pointed out her bunk-bed, that was disassembled in the living room, and made her way to her room with Lee by the hand. She gasped as she came in to the room, "You got me a new bed!?, The one I wanted!" As you can see from the picture, she was super excited and that's the biggest smile I've seen from her in ages!
The bed. The bed was a bed she spied at Furniture Row when Lee and I were actually looking at mattresses for our bed. We walked by the beds and she was pointing out all the pretty beds they had there. Lee had wandered off and I could see her climb up on a bed in front of me and when I got closer I could see what a pretty bed it was. Black wood with slats and sleigh style curves, a very girlie, but not immature bed. She was in love! "I LOVE this bed, Mommy", she told me. I assured her that it was very pretty and practical too, being a day bed with a trundle she would still have room for people to come stay over. She wouldn't outgrow this bed, unlike the bunk-bed and it would serve her well through the rest of her school years. She went to find Lee and hauled him to the bed by the hand and announced that this was only thing she wanted for her birthday. Lee checked the price and sighed saying this is all she would get for Christmas too. Adree wandered off and I told lee that this would be perfect and practical as well. He said he would consider it and shooed Adree and I home and promptly ordered it for her when we left. Adree was never the wiser!
Yes, how on earth Adree got a new bed out of Lee and I needing a new mattress is beyond me, but as far as birthday surprises, this one takes the cake! 10 years and countless hugs, brush-snagging snarls, polished toenails, all things pink, and incessant bossing of her brothers later my little girl is growing up. Of course that means I'm growing old as well, but oh well! =0)

2 comments:

  1. Aw precious! I love how Lee ordered it without hesitation...sounds like she has him wrapped around her finger. :) oh and do you think she'll stay in bed now? Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. after last night...hmmm, me thinks a no! ;0)

    ReplyDelete