Thursday, August 19, 2010

Musically inclined...=0)


Adree playing the keyboard by ear

Drake practicing...

and insisting I take a picture of him bowing!

As you can see the apple does not fall far from the tree in my house! I have kids who not only love music, but have the desire to play it as well. Of course I play the piano and played the flute in Middle School and marching band. Cara plays the piano and the flute and sings well too. Sterling actually plays several instruments, but excels at the guitar. Their Dad was a drummer and of course Lee is a drummer and Audio Engineer and toured with big name bands throughout the 80's. So, I wasn't surprised at all at their interest in it.
Adree would love to take lessons, I just need to rescue my piano from Mom and Dad's living room and find someone nearby willing to teach her the basics. Drake was adamant that he wanted to play the violin in the orchestra this year, after learning to play a little through Elementary school. Lee was happy to oblige and purchased him a violin this summer and Drake says, that "practicing 20 minutes a day is the best part of his homework!" Which makes me glad and likely that he'll have no problem sticking with it!
Adree of course was excited to continue at their Elementary school with the comprehensive music program where she gets to play violin, sing in the choir, play in the "orfesstra" and this year she wants to play drums with "conga town". Conga town plays bongo drums and she's very excited to play them in the upcoming rodeo parade and I'll be sure to get pictures!
Little Sethee I imagine will find something musical he wants to do too, Lee's secret wish is to teach him to drum (he has great rhythm), but we'll have to wait and see!
Watching them take an interest in music make think of how grown up their getting, especially as I see Drake walk to school, violin case in tow. It truly does my heart good. =0)

2 comments:

  1. "It's just good music if you can feel it in your soul." I can't remember right now, who said that but I love music too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats awesome, i wish my kids were more into playing music :(

    ReplyDelete