Sunday, June 21, 2009

Still Daddy's girl=0)

This me as a little girl with my Dad at the family ranch in Sink Valley

Perhaps I have had an advantage in life, I have never had to wonder if my parents loved me. Always supportive and giving, they always made sure my siblings and I had what we needed, physically and emotionally. Growing up wasn't the easiest task, I never felt like I quite fit in. My Dad was always understanding of my feelings and always knew what to say to make me feel better. My Dad always called me George, yes George. Even going so far as to sing "George of the Jungle" badly to taunt me as well. Actually, truthfully he calls me George still as his way of teasing me. A lot of my friends have never met my Dad and I remember people actually asking me if I even had one. Dad as a Johnson man, is fairly anti-social. He tells us that he could never see another living soul on the planet except for his family and that would be all right with him! It's okay Dad, I feel the same way sometimes!=0) I haven't the words to truly express the amount of love and gratitude I have for you Dad. All I know is, I am a better person because of you. Thank you for the opportunity I've had to be Daddy's girl!=0)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, so nice. Yes, you'll always be George and I get to be Fred. Except I think Drake has taken that name from me. Use it well! :)

    ReplyDelete