Sunday, June 14, 2009

Invasion of the...relatives!=0)

Adree with her sister missionaries: Sister Raleigh on her left and Sister Mathieu on her right. Uncle Nathan (Cara's husband) baptized her and Grandpa Nelson (paternal) confirmed her on Sunday.=0)

The Program from the baptism: My Mom sang and my sister played the flute, it was great!=0) Sterling had to give the opening prayer, much to his chagrin that is!=0)
Adree and her brothers Seth and Drake. The sun was bright, (if you couldn't tell!) after her conformation in sacrament.=0)


As I mentioned before, Adree had the opportunity to get baptized this weekend! After taking the missionary discussions for several months now, Adree (who will be 9 in August) made the decision to join the church.=0) This girl knows what she wants in her life, even if she has to get herself ready for church at 9 every Sunday (I work Sunday's, early) and then get a ride from one of our neighbors who is in the ward. She reads the scriptures on her own, says her prayers, and even made an appointment with the Bishop for an interview all by herself. Always independent, she puts me to shame with her initiative and drive!=0)
As with all important events in our young one's lives, comes an invasion on our home. Okay, so it isn't that bad...I love my family to death and beyond, but at the moment we live in Lee's bachelor house. He's lived here himself for many years and has accumulated more things than probably any human truly needs in a lifetime...not that's a bad thing, mind you. My one complaint is the lack of personal space I seem to have in our little house. The kids don't care, even though Adree has a bedroom in the family room downstairs and she has to share her room with my clothes and craft items. There just is barely (that's a stretch) enough room for us, let alone my nephew, my in-laws, my Mom, my sister, her husband and their 3 kids! Luckily, no one hung out at our house very long! Except my nephew Noah who stayed with us! So, now that we have a new member of the church and the "invasion" has ceased, all is quiet on the home front...well, for the moment!=0)

4 comments:

  1. Drake absolutely cracks me up. You need a photo album simply for his silly pics. I love Adree's dress. They all look so cute. Thanks again for inviting me. That was really special and I can't believe Adree made all those decisions on her own! What a smart, brave, driven little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is AWESOME! congrats on your baptism Adree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having us. Your house doesn't bother us at all... That's what Nathan's folks' house looks like too except their house is three times bigger with three times more stuff. :) No worries! We're so proud of Adree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats awesome that she did that on her own. She will be a good member if she keeps that up. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete