Monday, December 6, 2010

'Tis the Season

My pretty house all lit up for the holidays!
Love the entry! Oh, and the glowing blob by the door would be Rudolf!

The tree is up and ornament laden as well!
 Ah, as you can see we have been busy here among the lambsfold! Busily decorating and preparing for the impending holiday. Do you know what's really fun about having a house? Putting up lights! Yep, it was so much fun standing in the blistering cold and rain and wind doing it too! Do you sense my sarcasm yet? Haha, seriously though the lights look great and they are a great way to bring on the cheer.;0)
A couple of weeks ago, Lee recruited me to help in hanging the lights from the eaves. He gave himself a great sore back and neck from standing on the ladder, I froze below holding the lights and the ladder. The high pitch above the garage was was a little scary to do. Lee has a hugely tall ladder that there is no way to stand on level ground on our slanted driveway to reach. It was a little unnerving standing up so high and he recruited me to brace myself (all my weight) against the bottom of the ladder as he leaned it against the house. I imagine we provided the passing neighbors with a fair amount of comic relief as well!;0) I'm glad we did it though and I'm glad Lee loves Christmas so much because try as I might, I still feel far more overwhelmed by it than enjoy it. Thank you Baby for all of your radiant positive thinking, you are my sunshine in a dark world.;0)
With not very much money to go around this year, I had to get pretty creative for tree decorations this year. This means I sat and hand sewed for hours this last week to get them all done, but as you can see the tree turned out gorgeous! (Click here if you want to see what I made) 'Tis the season for sure and I hope to make it as "merry and bright" as possible! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment