Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vacation? =0)


Drake, Adree, Seth, and my niece Ainsley enjoying a giant snow cone at the end of the day

I have a bunch more pictures to upload, but blogger won't let me load more than one at a time. So you get just one for the moment, I'll try again later!
Well, as you can sorta see we survived our "vacation". I'm not sure that a two day hiatus can really be called a vacation, but whatever! We took the kids (and my niece) to Lagoon for the day on Monday. It was really fun and the kids had a blast, Lee and I were incredibly worn out though!
We met up with my sisters-in law (Laurel and Shaunah) at the gates along with their families. It was great fun seeing my nephews Jacob and Tannon and Laurel who I haven't seen in several years. Jacob was probably 8 or 9 when I saw him last and is 15 now? and towers over everyone! He's extremely cute too, watch out! Laurel, you look great and happy as you so deserve to be! We all ate lunch together and Laurel and Tannon went to Lagoon-A-beach to go down the water slides, Jacob and a couple of friends took all the rest of the kids (except Drake and Eli, who's Shaunah's youngest) to go on Collosus, Wild Mouse, and a few other roller coasters. Lee and Justin (Shaunah's husband) went to go on the Wicked and a couple of other coasters as well. Shaunah and I took Drake and Eli to Kiddie Land to go on the smaller rides and got wet on the Odysea. Drake also wanted to go on the Bat (a ride that your legs dangle on) and Aunt Shaunah took him on that.
After a while I called Lee and asked that they find the rest of the kids so we could meet up again and they all showed up before Drake Shaunah were down riding the Bat. Noah (Shaunah's oldest) asked if he and all the kids could go and run through the splash pad because it was really hot. It was about 95 degrees and extremely humid, I was not feeling to hot by the end of it!
Lee and I said good-bye to Justin and Shaunah and fam and we took the kids on a few more rides while they went to Lagoon-A-beach. All in all, it was a pretty good day, the kids had a blast and got very worn out. Lee and I are just now recovering today, ha! This "vacation" was definitely for them and not us! Whoever said that vacation was for rest and relaxation, never had kids! I'll upload more pics tomorrow, when I don't have migraine! ;0)

1 comment: