Monday, July 5, 2010

Celebrating the weekend of Independence!


Camilla and Illianna is worn out!

Camilla and Steven singing a duet!

Lee and Adree singing too!

Sorry about the video being sideways, they were so funny though!

I've decided that there is a definite advantage to the 4th falling on a Sunday, you essentially get two whole days to celebrate! I was surprised a couple of weeks ago by a friend of mine (Camilla), who had moved away a year and a half ago. She called me up one evening and asked me to me her somewhere because she was in town and when I arrived, I found them moving in to a new apartment to stay! I collected her and her husband Steven through work and they are quirky and cute and their little baby (Illianna) is adorable! Lee and I had planned to do the BBQ thing on the 3rd (they shot the fireworks off on the 3rd) and we invited the over for a little food and some karaoke! We were super excited that we found someone just as silly as us to enjoy such a practice!
Lee and Steven hit it off (despite being Michigan and Ohio rivals) right away and sang the night away until they were quite hoarse! Camilla, Adree, and I sang too and had a jolly good time. The boys surprised me by sitting in the living with us for quite some time (they normally hide when we sing) and when it got late they surprised me again by putting themselves to bed...despite the noise! It was a great time and they (Camilla and Steven) gushed about how pretty our house turned out, which I love it, but it was great to hear someone else thinking it was great too!
We stood at the end of the street to catch a glimpse of a pretty dismal fireworks show at the park before packing it up for the day! Check the video clip of Lee and Steven singing the Backstreet Boys like Kermit the Frog, it was silly! (Sorry about it being sideways, I just figured out how to record video clips with me Nikon Coolpix!)
Yesterday for the 4th, we were pretty worn out and the kids were as well, so we took it easy and went to the theater to watch Toy Story 3, which was wonderful! The kids thoroughly enjoyed it, as did Lee and I. We rounded up a few fireworks and set them off in the street, in true Utahn fashion! The concept is still strange to me, growing up in Arizona and all...but, when in Rome...;0) Lee also worked for part of the day on the pool area and if things continue on track as they are, we will be able to enjoy it this weekend....fingers crossed! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend of Independence! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment