Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Let Spring do it's thing...

Yep, I can still hula hoop! =0)

Drake playing at the park...
Adree as a monkey...
Seth peeking out from the slide...

It sure has been nice to be enjoying some very lovely weather! This winter has been miserably cold and seriously damp forever it seems! I know my sister is reading this and lamenting over the piles of snow that no doubt still cover her lawn, but hey I live here for reason! The nice weather! Ha! =0) Okay, okay I'm not talking about the disgusting heat of the summer months and I can live with that...someone invented A/C for reason right? =0) I'm talking about the most enjoyable spring and fall months that are so very pleasant...=0)
As of last weekend, Lee has raked, seeded, covered with top soil, and watered frequently our so called front lawn. Now let's see if we can grow any grass! Unfortunately with buying a foreclosure home, you have start off from scratch with yards. The houses tend to sit empty for months at a time, with no water, weed control, etc. and so, we decided it might be a good idea not to be a huge eyesore in a neighborhood of well-kept houses and manicured yards!
Drake and I went to the doctor this week for a follow up appointment and were able to get a definite diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome, as well as, moderate A.D.H.D. So what now? I'm not sure actually. I have quite a bit of information from his pediatrician to sift through, but it will great to give this info the school. This way they can make sure he gets set up to go to intermediate school next year (yikes!) and be accommodated so, that he can learn.
Lee still has no definite diagnosis as of yet. They still think it might be one of two different types of a blood disorder (they both have long names and when I can get them specifically, I'll share). One of them can bring triggered by long term bleeding, such as Celiac's. For now the doctors have him on B12 supplements, vitamin K, chlorophyll, and a couple of others. He is also somewhat anemic and is going to start a iron supplement. They are still monitoring his blood and are hoping the supplements help. He is still worried, but I think I've mostly convinced him to just do as the doctor's suggest and worry about it when we know what we are worrying about. It just doesn't do any good otherwise.
I started a new position this week with the my work (sorry, it totally does not deserve a plug!), I am the F.S.M. at #261 or Food Service Manager for those of not familiar with my work's (sorry, it still doesn't deserve a plug) lingo. I make crappy food, I sell crappy food, I try to convince you to buy crappy food, I order more crappy food, I spend the majority of my day in solitude making crappy food, I got a dollar raise, so that's good right?! Ha! =0) It keeps me busy and out of trouble so what more could a girl ask for, right? =0P:.
I'll continue to let Spring do its thing and grow and blossom anew. So long for now winter, I bid you adieu...past now are dark days with frost covered nights. Sunshine cometh forth with your life giving light. Warmth glowing now, envelope me tight...=0)

3 comments:

  1. So if I ate the crappy food you've been making will it make me sick? Probably as everything I eat still makes me sick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seeing as though our specialty is anything garlic buttered or cheese laden, my guess would be yes! LOL! =0)

    ReplyDelete