Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rolling along in 2010 =0)

My new "Mom-mobile" =0)
Seth took this pic of me at Pioneer Park yesterday...
Actual furniture in the Formal Living room =0)
My new Family Room furniture! =0)

All of the trouble makers in Pioneer Park...=0)

Why is it that when you are a kid the time seems to drag, but the second you hit adult-hood an entire month can go by and you don't even notice! Ha! =0) Keeping busy never seems to be problem when it comes to being a parent...=0)
Well, I got a new (to me) car this weekend! =0) Lee must have finally gotten tired of me complaining about the PT cruiser, the lack of space, endless trips to the shop, the black with black interior in the summer (and the kids, it constantly looks filthy!) and he got me me a new van. =0) I know you're not supposed to be excited about getting a new "Mom-mobile", but as far as mini-vans go this one is great! I actually had the same model (just 6 years older and with 100,000+ miles on it) and I enjoyed it. The space was good, the gas-mileage was decent, it was way comfy to ride in, it was just kind of a lemon. The transmission blew, I replaced the battery twice in it in just a couple of years, I replaced the timing belt, the water pump, several different sensors, the brakes, shocks, and when I finally sold it the heater core was going out on it. As well as, multiple other things I'm sure I blocked out on purpose.=0) It was getting ridiculous to maintain and my folks helped me out by getting the PT to drive when the kids came back to live with me. I like the PT, it's fun to drive, it is extremely impractical for the way we live and the kids are just not getting any smaller!=0) Even trying to stuff groceries in it was a pain, that and it has been in the shop itself multiple times this year and has cost me a lot to keep it running (it only has 69,000 miles on it), so this seemed like the best solution.=0) 29,000 miles, DVD player, dual automatic sliding doors, super comfy 8 seats, all the bells and whistles.=0) Yep, for a "Mom-mobile", this will do! =0)
I finally have furniture in my Formal Living room! So, I seem to making progress in the putting the house together front!=0) I had actually purchased new furniture for the Family Room and it took forever to get in (I bought it over Thanksgiving weekend), so long in fact they had to deliver it for free. It pays to be patient! =0) I love the great over sized comfy sofa, love seat, and chair and a half (all for $1300 so you can't beat the price!). We took the couch and love seat Lee bought and put them in the Formal Living room, which they look very nice just off the entry.=0) Just need a rug, coffee table, and I need to rescue my piano from Page and that room should be done. The Family Room needs a coffee table, end tables, and that should be about it for now. Of course they all need to be decorated with art, pictures and what not, but it definitely feels like home.=0)
I finally found the time to get my hair cut yesterday and it turned out pretty good.=0) Of course I spend most of the time with it pulled back and under a hat for work, but the rare times I get to fix it, it'll will be nice!=0)
It seems the year is rolling along nicely and I'm looking forward to it as well! You know those rare times I get to do something besides going to work, dropping of kids, picking up kids, buying groceries with all of the kids (blech!), cleaning up after kids or Lee or the dog, doing the dishes, the laundry, locating lost objects, articles of clothing, and my mind! Ha! =0)

1 comment:

  1. I like the new furniture. It looks very comfy and I like your taste better than Lee's. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete