Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Monday?...

So, it seems it has been one of those days today...yes, one of those Monday kind of days. What? You say its not Monday it's really Tuesday? Now don't be fooled, Monday can happen on other days of the week too...case in point...Not that I actually had a "weekend" this week I have had to work everyday since last Monday (except yesterday), did I mention I hate my job? I came back to my really bad job as a gas station clerk (assistant to the assistant, actually) today and as I walk in the door my boss grabs me by the hand and drags me outside to talk to her. Of course my co-workers were taunting me on my way out, "ooh, you're in trouble" and "what did you do this time?", "really?", I asked "I just walked in the door, I didn't have time to do anything yet". As we get outside my boss informs me that she has me working with our new food service manager next week, because he doesn't know what he's doing. This is after I applied for the same position and was passed over (not by my boss, by my boss's boss). It looks like I get to train someone to do the job I am qualified to do (I have worked for the company for 5 years and have done everything....) and apparently get to be happy about it. Thank you recession I could not get another crappy job right now if I wanted it. As if that wasn't bad enough, I went on a bank run and on my way back to the store my car wouldn't shift out of 4th gear and I knew something was up. I was close enough to my store that I could coast most of the way back, that is until I had to stop and the traffic light right by my store and it quit and wouldn't go into gear at all. A quick call to Lee and I hopped out of my car with my flashers on and a someone passing by asked if I needed help. I explained that I was having transmission issues and couldn't get my car into gear. They pulled over to the side and jumped out to help me push it, as well as the person stuck at the light behind me. Thank you to fellows Utahns for being so helpful! Lee called the shop we usually use and they sent a tow truck right away...I'll keep you updated as to whether I had to put the"kwooza" out to pasture! So, as it seems I had Monday off from work and it just followed me to Tuesday instead! Thanks alot!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Sissy! I'm sorry you've had a bad day. Hopefully it'll be sunnier tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete