Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mom's brag time...

Here's my not so little girl...


It's so amazing to me to think that just yesterday I was carrying Adree on my hip and holding Drake by the hand and I blinked... Nine years later my little girl is in the 4th grade, has oodles of friends and activities and isn't so little anymore! I try not to brag too much about my kids, I think they are awesome good kids, but I am definitely biased! =0) I can't help it this time though! Adree and her choir group had the opportunity to travel to Salt Lake City to the capital and perform! Their school has quite the comprehensive music program, they learn violin, drums, xylophone, Drake and Adree are reading music! Drake will be able to start out in intermediate orchestra next year at Intermediate school (6th and 7th grades)! The program is in danger of losing funding next year and the choir group traveled to the capital to show the law makers what they are learning to do and why it's so very important they maintain their funds. There was even a short article about it in the Deseret News:

Desert News - Drumming up support for the arts
February 16, 2010
Students from Dixie Sun Elementary School in St. George play tubano drums in the Capitol rotunda during the legislative session in Salt Lake City on Tuesday. The fourth- and fifth-graders also played violins and sang in the House of Representatives. The school takes part in the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program.


I love it! I know that they will just continue to have more activities and friends and interests as they grow into young adults *sniff*=0) Okay, enough with the bragging...but, hey you have to admit that is pretty darn cool! =0)

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Adree! I'm sure she had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats really awesome that she got to be a part of that. Wait till she turns into a teenager. You will really wonder where the time went.

    ReplyDelete