Friday, September 11, 2009

Waxing poetic...or something!=0)


I've been thinking...Yes, as scary as though it might seem, I have been doing it just the same! I tend to do this sort of thing when I find myself in a empty house, as I have for the last 3 days. I should probably blame the Johnson in me for this, but I can go an entire week without leaving my house or speaking to anyone. I find myself perfectly happy to be alone with a book or housework or crafting or the computer, all with no one to talk to except the occasional Facebook friend. Of course if you are "chatting" with someone you aren't speaking them, well...verbalizing anyway! I lived by myself when I was 20 for about a year, I truly loved it..I could come and go as I pleased, speak to someone if I felt like it, stay home for days if I needed as well. When my ex-husband and I split up almost six years ago, I lived by myself for over a year then as well. Now don't get me wrong I love my family and friends and I am always happy to see them when I do, I just like the quiet that envelopes me when I am by myself as well.=0)
So, what does one think about...in the quiet of an empty house? Many, many things!
Dreams I have and wish I could follow
Things that need to be accomplished
Both today and tomorrow
Life as it is, both joy and sorrow
What's mine and what's yours
Things that I know, places to travel
Poetry of thine eyes, deep enough to swallow
Laughter we keep and save 'til we borrow
Safe for us now, beneath starlit skies
We live as we need, dreams to be followed...=0)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I sometimes miss coming and going with no one to question why. Still, I wouldn't change marrying my cute hubby.

    ReplyDelete