Thursday, August 13, 2009

Adree, Drake, Seth ready for the first day of school!
They were looking forward to getting back...=0)

Hooray for the "most wonderful" day of the year! Of course I'm talking about the first day of school!=0) The wonderful day that Mom is finally rid of her bickering, whining, and inherently lazy brood of ankle biters...and they get to harass their teachers for 6.5 hours instead! Of course this day might have been more glorious if I didn't get called into work right after they left for school, but still the same...it's a start right?=0)
Drake is a 5th grader this year and was smiling before and after school. He also had good things to say about his new teacher who is supposedly pretty easy going and tolerant. I only know that he is tall and skinny and has very long hair, I'm keeping my fingers crossed...=0)
Adree is a 4th grader and is always eager to get back to school and pick back up on her social life! We only got about half way to her classroom before one of her little friends grabbed her hand saying, "Adree you're in my class this year!" and with that grabbed her hand and they ran to class.=0) Adree has Mr. Lee who is the teacher Drake had last year, I imagine Mr. Lee with be relieved to have Adree instead...she's a good student=0)
Seth is a first grader this year, now I know that for most kids this is quite a milestone going to school all day, not really in Seth's case. Dixie Sun Elementary has all day Kindergarten, so he has no problem with eating in the cafeteria, going to school all day, etc. Ms. Bosworth is his teacher this year, Adree had her in 1st grade as well. She is the Spanish speaking teacher (Adree and Seth learn in English and Spanish) so, I imagine Seth will be speaking the language quite well this year!=0)
So, the kids are ready for a new year of learning and Mom is looking forward to a little more freedom=0) By the way I need to share this, I spent only 300 dollars on all three of them. This includes 2 backpacks, 7 pairs of shoes (all together), new socks for all of them. 1 jacket, 1 skirt, 7 shirts, 7 capri pants/ shorts, 3 leggings, and a dress for Adree. 9 shirts, and 4 pairs of shorts for Seth. 9 shirts and 5 pairs of shorts/pants for Drake. Not too bad, I say!=0)

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the spending you must have went to Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only six more days for me. Not that I'm couting or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love Ross!! well, between Ross, clearance at T.J. Maxx, clearance at Target and just a little Wal-Mart too=0)

    ReplyDelete